Two of the Premier League’s ‘big six’ clash on matchday two as Erik ten Hag’s Manchester United travel down to London to face Tottenham.
Spurs recorded a 2-2 stalemate with Brentford in their opening match — a performance that received positive and negative reaction in equal measure. New signing James Maddison stole the show with two assists but questions will still be asked of the backline, who again conceded two easy goals.
As for United, they struggled to a 1-0 victory over Wolves at Old Trafford on Monday. In truth, the away side deserved at least a draw, but fans of the Red Devils won’t care one bit as a Raphael Varane’s header stole all three points.
Those results set up an intriguing clash at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium between two sides who still have a lot of work to do.
Tottenham vs Manchester United match facts
- Date: Saturday, August 19
- Kickoff Time: 12:30 a.m. ET / 5:30 p.m. BST / 2:30 a.m. AEST (Sun. Aug 20)
- Location: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (London, England)
- Referee: Michael Oliver
- Last meeting: Tottenham 2-2 Manchester United (April. 27, 2023 | Premier League)
Tottenham vs Manchester United prediction, odds
- Moneyline lean: Draw (+260)
- Score prediction: Tottenham 1-1 Manchester United
During the 2023/24 season, Nathan Evans has predicted 80% of match outcomes correctly (with one exact scoreline), while he holds a 50% success rate across all betting selections.